- It is on April 24 in 2012.
- Polls are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- The Presidential Primary Election is used by the State's political parties to apportion, select or elect delegates and alternate delegates to a political party's national convention as provided in the party's rules.
- Delaware's major political parties: the Democratic and Republican Parties can participate if their party has a contest.
- In 2012, the Republican Party has a contest, the Democratic Party does not.
- The filing deadline is February 24, 2012 at 4:30 p.m.
- Candidates file with the State Election Commissioner by completing a Candidate Filing Form and submitting at the time of filing a petition with the State Election Commissioner bearing at least 500 valid signatures of registered voters of this State of the same political party as the candidate.
- Candidates who have not filed can be added to the ballot in accordance with Delaware Code, Title 15, ss3183(b).
- Presidential Primary Election candidates
- Presidential Primary Sample Ballot
- The list will be final after 4:30 p.m. on March 2, 2012.
- Fill out an Absentee Affidavit
- Get it notarized if the reason you are voting absentee is in Section 2.
- Send the Absentee Affidavit to:
ATTN: Absentee Voting
Department of Elections for New Castle County
PO BOX 7079
WILMINGTON DE 19803-0079
- Absentee ballots will be sent starting about March 9, 2012
- Use our on-line system to to check about yours, or
- Call the Department at 302.577.3464
- Only registered Republicans can vote in the 2012 Presidential Primary Primary because there is no contest on the Democratic side.
- March 31 is the last day to register to vote before the Presidential Primary Election.
- The deadline to change party affiliation before the Presidential Primary Election was February 24, 2012.
- You vote at your normal polling place unless notified that your polling place has been changed for this election.
- The Department is using 45 fewer buildings for the Presidential Primary because of the low numbers of registered Republicans in many Election Districts.
- The Department has mailed letters to every registered Republican whose polling place has been changed for the Presidential Primary.
- List of polling places showing the consolidations.
- List of Polling Place changes.
- Get directions to your Polling Place.
- Use the on-line Polling Place locator, or
- Call the Department at 302.577.3464.
- Call the Department at 302.577.3464,
- email the Department.
- Call the State Election Commissioner at 302.739.4277 at, or
- email the State Election Commissioner.
- Previous Presidential Primary Election results.
- The State Election Commissioner's Web Site beginning shortly after the polls close.