Date & time
- Date: Tuesday, November 6, 2018
- Time: Polls are open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
Other information for General voters:
Question or Problem:
- Call: 302.577.3464
- email: Help Desk
Voter eligibility: To vote in this election you must be:
- Registered to vote in the State of Delaware.
- If you are registered to vote in Delaware and have not updated your registration address, do it before Election Day at the Voter Portal or do it at the Polling Place for your new address on Election Day.
- Find the status of your absentee ballot.
- The last day that the Department can mail absentee ballots is Friday, November 2, 2018. The Department can accept a request for an absentee ballot util 4:30 p.m. on November 2nd in order to deliver out-going ballots to the Post Office before the last pickup.
- Mail or return your voted absentee ballot now. The US Postal Service recommends that folks mail their voted absentee ballot at least 7 days before Election Day.
- You can vote by absentee ballot in-person until 12 Noon on November 5, 2018, at the locations and during the dates and times on this schedule.
- The Department must receive your voted absentee ballot at its Wilmington office located at the Carvel State Office Building, 820 N French St, Suite 400 in Wilmington by 8 p.m. on November 6, 2018 in order to count it. The Delaware Code prohibits the Department from counting absentee ballots received after 8 p.m. The Department picks up mail sent to its PO Box on Election Day after it has been processed at the Talleyville Post Office.
- DO NOT drop an absentee ballot off at a polling place. The Department does not have the resources to take ballots dropped off at polling places to the Wilmington Office before the deadline.
Cell phones: The Department does not permit voters to use cell phones in the polling place. This is necessary to reduce noise, to facilitate the processing of voters, and to eliminate the potential for conflict with other voters.
ID: You will be asked to show proof of identity and address. You may show ID on your smartphone if you have it stored there. If you do not have this information and your name is on the Poll List, you will be asked to complete an Affidavit of Affirmation of Voter Identity before being permitted to vote.
Electioneering in the building where the polling place is located or within 50 feet of any entrance used by voters is prohibited. This includes wearing clothing, hats, buttons, etc. supporting, opposing, or regarding any issues, candidates or parties on the General Election ballot.
Election Results: Election results will be reported on the State Election Commissioner's WEB Site starting about 8:30 p.m. on November 6, 2018.